In Search of the Jaguar: Up Close and Rare
"60 Minutes" Cameras Capture Nature's Most Elusive Big Cats in Brazil
- Play CBS Video Video Preview: In Search of the Jaguar "60 Minutes" went in search of the most elusive of all of nature's big cats, the jaguar, and captured amazing footage of them in the Brazilian jungle. Bob Simon reports this Sunday, Jan. 30, 7 p.m. ET/PT.
Simon and the crew went out on the Cuiaba River at night with Rabinowitz and Winter and had no trouble getting wonderful, close-up shots of the jaguars - luck Rabinowitz marveled at. "Look at her, God, she's beautiful, oh man and then she looks right at you," he says. "This one was a great sighting." And then Rabinowitz saw a sight he had never seen in all his years: a jaguar swimming right by their boats. "That was spectacular. I've never seen that before. What luck, what unbelievable luck, just as it's swimming across," he tells Simon. "There was no fear there. There was just pure curiosity. Like, 'What are you guys bothering me about?'" says Rabinowitz. The same jaguar stuck around to be videotaped again as it watched the crew on their boats from the shoreline. "Look at that, it's just sitting there on the mound, yes, just sitting there it's phenomenal," says Rabinowitz.
- MOST POPULAR
- Hawaii Gov. Abercrombie's Health Director Quits
- Hawaii Bill would Grant Access to Obama's Birth Records for a Fee
- American Idol's Chris Medina Sings Heart Out for Brain Damaged Fiancee
- Walk Like a Man: UK Gorilla Draws Fans (VIDEO)
- Palin: Sputnik Led to Collapse of Soviet Union
- More Popular Stories and Video
- Abortion Debate in America Reignited (269 recent comments)
A New Web Series
60 Minutes Overtime is a weekly web show that begins where the television broadcast ends
$10k Scholarships. AACSB Accred.
Classes Start Soon. 18 Month Prgrm.
Veterans Mini MBA
Gain MBA Essentials at UCLA
GI Bill Funding Approved Program
Crucifixion of Jesus
Did Jesus Rise From the Dead?
Discover the Facts From Scholars