MAINE BIOLOGIST GERI VISTEIN ON HOW TO CO-EXIST WITH COYOTES
6 MINUTE TV INTERVIEW THAT YOU WILL ENJOY WATCHING(CLICK ON THIS
LINK TO VIEW)
IF YOU JUST ENJOYED THE INTERVIEW WITH GERI, YOU WILL LOVE HER BOOK,
I AM COYOTE...........HERE IS THE AMAZON.COM REVIEW:
I Am Coyote is three years old when she leaves her family in Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario and embarks on a 500-mile odyssey eastward in search of a territory of her own and a mate to share it with.
- Told through the eyes of a coyote, this is a riveting story with mythic dimensions.
- A work of creative nonfiction that adheres to the highest standards of wildlife biology.
- With deep insights into wild canine behavior, penetrates the veil of “otherness” that separates us from the animals with whom we share the planet.
- An appendix explores the history and current status of coyotes in North America. Native Americans considered them tricksters, messengers, and companions. Given the disappearance of wolves, they are even more critical to ecosystem health today. The author explains how, without coyotes, prey species are weakened by disease and parasites.
- Geri Vistein speaks extensively about coyote-human interactions to a variety of audiences. She is a nationally recognized expert on the topic and maintains the website CoyoteLivesInMaine.com.
- A QR code in the book takes readers to a hauntingly beautiful recording of coyote song.